Benefits for 5th Year UEP Students:
- No GRE scores required for application
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (instead of 3) required for application
- 1-course load reduction (8 classes instead of 9)
- Automatic application fee waiver
- Applications accepted through January 18, 2021 of applicant's senior year at Brown
The Urban Education Policy program provides students with unparalleled access to policy makers and education reformers. This one year program allows you to leave Brown with the skill set required to enter a competitive job market. Students from the UEP program have gone on to work in nonprofits, government, school districts, and the private sector, which speaks to the program’s broad applicability and unprecedented mentorship.
Indicating 5th-Year in Application:
Once in the application portal, under Personal Background - Additional Questions, there will be a Current Student Status section that looks like the below. Indicate that you're currently a student at Brown University and enter your Banner ID.
This will indicate that you're a current Brown senior and allow you to upload 2 letters of recommendation (instead of 3).